CATCALLING VS. GRAFFITI SHOOT!

15:07

Fashion Post of the Week


So it's been a long time since I have done a 'look of the day' kinda post on my blog. lol. In all honesty I have been too busy to post anything. I barely get time to breathe these days let alone do anything else. But yeah I try my best to post for you guys and keep you all updated. Anyho! Let's start with what today's post is all about.


A few weeks ago I went for a photo shoot with my blogger friend Jadirah Sarmad (check here blog out here) and we decided to use whatever little graffiti we have in our city as the backdrop. Now who doesn't love graffiti photo shoots. But we had no idea how difficult this task would become for us!



So on a hot sunny day (well every day in Karachi is a hot sunny day *rolls eyes*), we both left for the shoot in a Careem. Our first spot was Chai Wala where they have some amazing graffiti on the walls. While getting our photos done we were surrounded by three different cars, all of them honking and we were the subject of nasty, sexist remarks . It got so awkward and scary that after only a few photos we left. We were even followed by one of the cars but our Careem captain was a brilliant driver and dodged the car.






Our next stop was McDonald's at Sea View and there also we faced terrible catcalling and strange men ogling but at least we were able to get some photos. My blood was boiling with anger and I honestly wanted to kill everyone harassing us but well I can't do that now, can I? So what we did was we continued with the shoot and pretended the harassers didn't even exist.



It's sad how women are still unsafe and have such little freedom. But at least the photos turned out good so yeah, mission accomplished!! :D

Outfit Details:
Top: Mango
Jeans: Breakout
Shoes: EBH
Bag: Aldo

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Love this! :)


    Please check out my latest post, too? I'd love to hear something from you! :)
    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look really pretty in this outfit, I really like your jacket :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfit and photos:)
    kisses

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Denim Outfit! I love the great Location for the Photos!

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you persevered and managed to get the shots you wanted, must have been SO annoying having people catcalling! I also find it super annoying, though like you say, it's best to just ignore them. Have a lovely week (and hope you find your next shoot easier and with less people around!!)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete

Follow On Bloglovin

Pakistan Beauty Society

Say No To Plagiarism!