BURNS ROAD NIGHT AT SKY BBQ - AVARI TOWERS

18:05

Burns Road Night


My taste buds had been craving authentic desi food and Burns Road Night at Sky BBQ of Avari Towers seemed perfect to satisfy them! The ongoing festival was launched on March 23rd, which is Pakistan Day, and what better way to celebrate it other than with desi food!!

The food fonders who live and die for food would very well know about Burns Road. Those of you who don’t, it used to be a famous food street in Karachi which isn’t as big as it used to be a few years ago which is sad because I have grown up listening to all the food stories my parents have shared with me and I remember visiting Burns Road when I was very young but never after that. Majorly because that part of the city isn’t too safe like it used to be. But I am so glad Avari brought it to Sky BBQ for all the foodies who want to relive that era and all the amazing food that place has to offer.





For starters, there was a salad bar and a stand that was serving all sorts of chaat, gol gappay, dahi baray and lassi both meethi (sweet) and namkeen (salty). You could choose the spices and chutneys and customize your plate.







Now main course had a lot of variety and honestly it became hard for me to choose. I started with BBQ tho. Tawa fish, grilled prawns, chicken tikka, malai boti and seekh kebab were just love. There were tiny bbq mutton chops (idk how they were all the same size :P) that tasted so good and although I am not a mutton lover I absolutely loved them. I ate most of the BBQ with Raita that added the right kick to it.








Other than BBQ, there was Sindhi Biryani, Chicken Handi, Chicken Karahi, Mutton Karahi, Beef Haleem, Mixed Vegetable, Murgh Cholay, Mutton Kunna, Nali Nihari, Fried Fish Katakut, Chargha and Sajji. My personal favourites were Chicken Handi, Biryani, Chicken Karahi and Haleem. Butter and Plain Naan were served on the table.

Wait. There’s more to the main course. They had a separate kiosk for Halwa Puri and Kachori and that was a classic touch because Burns Road theme is so incomplete without garam garam Halwa Puri.



Moving on to dessert, it was the usual buffet dessert with cakes and puddings but they had Firni, Rabri and Kulfi this time and out of these three I enjoyed Rabri the most! Oh I’d kill to have some more right now.

Burns Road Night is every desi food lover’s dream. The buffet deal is only for 1995 PKR, exclusive of tax, and it is on until 26th March. Do visit if you want to treat your desi taste buds!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Follow On Bloglovin

Pakistan Beauty Society

Say No To Plagiarism!